How do I lodge an unfair dismissal or general protections application?
You must complete the unfair dismissal or general protections application form prior to lodging it with the FWC. The relevant forms to be filled out are:
- Unfair dismissal – Form F2;
- General Protections involving dismissal – Form F8; or
- General Protections not involving dismissal – Form F8C
These forms can be found at https://www.fwc.gov.au/about-us/resources/forms
There are numerous ways you can lodge your FWC application including:
- by using the online eFiling portal. This requires registering as a user. You must complete your FWC application prior to using the online portal.
- by posting your completed Form F2 to your closest FWC office.
- by emailing your Form F2 to “[your city]@fwc.gov.au” for example, email@example.com
- by telephone on 1300 799 675.
- by fax to the relevant FWC office.
- in person at a FWC office.
You only have 21 days from the date the termination of your employment takes effect to lodge a FWC unfair dismissal application (section 394(2)(a)).If you post your application via registered post it will be taken to be lodged on the date of receipt by the FWC.